Our researchers come from the research teams of some of the major universities in Lombardy (Italy) and today they make their expertise and method available to C2T’s clients.
Our ICT laboratory has a growing team of researchers within it, to integrate – where needed – the consolidated experience of developers with innovative approaches and in step with the latest technologies, on system integration projects for small and large enterprises.
The main research areas considered by the ICT Lab are:
- Knowledge Management & Extraction
- Information Retrieval
- Fuzzy Based Systems
- Machine Learning
- Databases, Data Mining, Data Extraction & Data Management
- Business Process
The currently active research and development lines refer to the following areas:
- Design and development, together with Find Your Doctor S.r.l., the education department of the University of Milano-Bicocca and the IT department of the University of Milano-Bicocca, of analysis tools for the evaluation of the professional profile of researchers and of an information retrieval tool based on machine learning techniques to allow automatic matching between the needs of companies/organisations and the experiential and motivational paths of researchers
- Design and development of algorithms for the extraction of information in the financial field, as well as study and prototyping of innovative software for FinTech. In this regard, C2T is one of the promoters of a special session at the international congress DSAA 2018, The 5th IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics, entitled “Opportunities and Risks for Data Science in Organizations: Banking, Finance, and Policy”.
- Study of innovative metrics for the evaluation of Personalized Information Retrieval (PIR) systems. In this regard, C2T has been one of the promoters of the CLEF Laboratory “Personalized Information Retrieval” since 2017. The 2018 edition of CLEF, Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum, was held in September in Avignon, France.
- Study of the problems related to the description of semantics in the Big Data collections. Project in collaboration with the University of Milan and part of the participation of C2T in the IFIP Group.
- Machine Learning techniques used in the implementation of an approach to support histological analysis conducted by pathological analysis institutes.
- Paolo Ceravolo, Antonia Azzini, Marco Angelini, Tiziana Catarci, Philippe Cudré-Mauroux, Ernesto Damiani, Alexandra Mazak, Maurice van Keulen, Mustafa Jarrar, Giuseppe Santucci, Kai-Uwe Sattler, Monica Scannapieco, Manuel Wimmer, Robert Wrembel, Fadi A. Zaraket: Big Data Semantics. J. Data Semantics 7(2): 65-85 (2018)
- Stefania Marrara, Gabriella Pasi, Marco Viviani: Aggregation operators in Information Retrieval. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 324: 3-19 (2017)
- Antonia Azzini, Stefania Marrara, Amir Topalovic: New Trends of Fuzzy Systems: Fintech Applications – Round Table ZFFL, WILF 2018.
- Antonia Azzini, Stefania Marrara, Amir Topalovic: A Neuro-Fuzzy Approach to assess the soft skills profile of a PhD, WILF 2018.
- Gabriella Pasi, Gareth J. F. Jones, Keith Curtis, Stefania Marrara, Camilla Sanvitto, Debasis Ganguly, Procheta Sen: Overview of the CLEF 2018 Personalised Information Retrieval Lab (PIR-CLEF 2018). CLEF (Working Notes) 2018
- Gabriella Pasi, Gareth J. F. Jones, Keith Curtis, Stefania Marrara, Camilla Sanvitto, Debasis Ganguly, Procheta Sen: Evaluation of Personalised Information Retrieval at CLEF 2018 (PIR-CLEF). CLEF 2018: 335-342
- Muhammad Muneb Khani, Paolo Ceravolo, Antonia Azzini, Ernesto Damiani: Automated Monitoring of Collaborative Working Environments for Supporting Open Innovation, KMO 2018, winner of Best Paper Award.
- Antonia Azzini, Andrea Galimberti, Stefania Marrara, Eva Ratti: SOON: Supporting the Evaluation of Researchers’ Profiles, KMO 2018.
- Antonia Azzini, Andrea Galimberti, Stefania Marrara, Eva Ratti: A Classifier to Identify Soft Skills in a Researcher Textual Description. EvoApplications 2018: 538-546
- Gabriella Pasi, Gareth J. F. Jones, Stefania Marrara, Camilla Sanvitto, Debasis Ganguly, Procheta Sen: Evaluation of Personalised Information Retrieval at CLEF 2017 (PIR-CLEF): Towards a Reproducible Evaluation Framework for PIR. CLEF (Working Notes) 2017
- Gabriella Pasi, Gareth J. F. Jones, Stefania Marrara, Camilla Sanvitto, Debasis Ganguly, Procheta Sen: Overview of the CLEF 2017 Personalised Information Retrieval Pilot Lab (PIR-CLEF 2017). CLEF 2017: 338-345
- Gabriella Pasi, Mirko Cesarini, Stefania Marrara, Fabio Mercorio, Marco Viviani, Mario Mezzanzanica, Marco Pappagallo: Un’Analisi del Mondo del Lavoro e un Modello Predittivo per Potenziali Nuove Occupazioni (An Analysis of the Job Market and a Predictive Model for Potential New Jobs). IIR 2017: 116-120
- Antonia Azzini, Stefania Marrara, Andrea Maurino, Amir Topalovic: MMBR: A Report-driven Approach for the Design of Multidimensional Models. SIMPDA 2017: 83-97
- Stefania Marrara, Gabriella Pasi, Marco Viviani, Mirko Cesarini, Fabio Mercorio, Mario Mezzanzanica, Marco Pappagallo: A language modelling approach for discovering novel labour market occupations from the web. WI 2017: 1026-1034
- Antonia Azzini, Paolo Ceravolo, Nello Scarabottolo, Ernesto Damiani: On the predictive power of university curricula. EDUCON 2016: 929-932
- Paolo Ceravolo, Antonia Azzini, Ernesto Damiani, Mariangela Lazoi, Manuela Marra, Angelo Corallo: Translating Process Mining Results into Intelligible Business Information. KMO 2016: 14
Participations of the C2T Consortium as a member of the Boards and Program Committees of international conferences and journals
- DSAA 2018, Turin, Italy: organisation of Special Session: “DSAA2018 Special Session: Opportunities and Risks for Data Science in Organizations: Banking, Finance, and Policy”
- CLEF 2018, Avignon, France: organisation of the laboratory: “Personalized Information Retrieval (PIR) Lab”
- CLEF 2017, Dublin, Ireland: organisation of the pilot laboratory: “Personalized Information Retrieval (PIR) Lab”
- Editorial Board Member of IJWET
- PC member MIDAS 2018
- PC member SeCredISData at DSAA 2018
- Editorial Board member of the book FinTech as a Disruptive Technology for Financial Institutions under publication by ICI Global
- PC member ACM SAC – IR track 2019
- Member of IFIP Group on DB
- PC member of SIMPDA 2018
- PC member KMO 2018
- PC member SIGIR 2018
- PC member IPMU 2018
- PC member FuzzIEEE 2018
- FuzzIEEE 2017
- PC member PRO-VE 2017
- PC member NLDB 2017
- PC member SIGIR 2017
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems
- Reviewer for the Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems
- Reviewer for the Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL)
- Reviewer for the Journal of Web Engineering and Technology (IJWET)